Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Families With Special Needs Conference Request My Book

I was surprised when in a meeting today at work Tom, the Chief Operating Officer, asked me if I was going to the Families With Special Needs Conference in Baltimore next Saturday and if I was going would I bring copies of the book, Beyond These Dark Lands Are Edges of Joy, Words of Comfort and Hope. Tom is involved with Special Needs Family Ministry since his teenage son is severely disabled. He will be one of the key presenters at the conference. He added that families with special needs members are families who have hurt at one point or other and need encouragement and he said he was sure that the book would be a blessing to those families.

I was surprised and not prepared for this. I did not think my book would be such a blessing to people.

I was ashamed to tell him that I wasn't planning on attending the conference because my daughter is coming home for the weekend.

Others in the office are involved in the conference and offered to take some books and give them space on their exhibit table for attendees to purchase. If my coworkers felt the book would be meaningful to those dealing with special needs family members then I know I should go and help with the book table at least for a few hours.

I am overwhelmed by the generosity of my friends and humbled by their encouraging comments about the book and how it is a blessing to many.

© A.E. Dozat 4/23/18