Friday, March 27, 2020

Where Can You Turn for Hope When You Are Living in Bad Times?

The news recently has been so discouraging, and every time you hear an update it gets worse.  Now the bad news is not about some faraway person or place it is increasingly personal. Where can you turn for hope?

I believe that there is a God who still loves you and is active in your life to bring you much blessing.  So I wrote this book of poems to encourage you when you are feeling that the world is getting dark around you.
Illustration for the
Poem, Patience

The message in this book of poems is a message that we all need to hear at different times in our lives. In many ways, it says that God is in charge of these difficult times and that He cares for you while you are going through times of discouragement.  It says that you will get through these times, and one of the purposes of God is to bless you when you do.

I believe, and I wrote it out in many ways in these poems, that you are coming to a time and place of good and blessing.  If I could say anything to you, it would be, do not give up, keep your eyes on God, and continue to trust in His goodness. You may not yet see the hope, but it is there, and it is bright.

I hope someday you read my book of poems, Through These Dark Lands Are Edges of Joy, it will encourage you. I have friends who tell me they read a poem a day for a time; others say that they sometimes read it through at a sitting- it takes less than an hour. And when they tell me that it encourages them and helps their faith, and then I feel very humble and grateful.

© A.E. Dozat 2020