Monday, February 1, 2021

Does Anybody Care That You Are Having A Hard Time?

Does anybody care that you are going through a hard time and have to start over or rebuild?  

The book of poems, THIS DAWN IS A PLACE OF HOPE, opens with an answer to that question.

Here is the poem that introduces the book.

PROLOGUE
A Poem of My Why

I wish that I was there
Illustration from the Dedication Page
THIS DAWN 
When you fought the darkness 
To get to this place.
I wish I could be there
As you face this new day,
So I could hold your hand
And lend you my shoulder.
I would cheer each success
And weep for each defeat.
But I am far away,
So I send you these words;
They are my prayers, hopes, and
My well-wishes for you. 
I hope we meet someday,
And you give me a chance
To hear about this time
When His light cleared the darkness,
And you saw the great deeds,
The marvels and wonders 
Done in you,
By Him, who is 
The Dawn Star. *

*Revelation 22:16.


When I wrote this poem, I was trying to say that I care, I sympathize, I mourn, I would set my own feelings aside, and I would carry yours. I am not perfect, but Christ has given me a new life, and a big part of that life is to love others. I struggle with caring and not being selfish. I wish I was better- not for my own esteem but for your sake and for the sake of God who gave His Son for you and for me. 

Yes, I care, but not perfectly; still, I am trying. This book of poems is one thing I can do to show I care about you and to make a difference. 

This poem says there will be a time when your trials will be over,  
"...give me a chance
To hear about this time
When His light cleared the darkness,
And you saw the great deeds,
The marvels and wonders."

This time of your struggle will be over because God cares. He shows that He cares in a lot of ways, and one of them is through people.  

God offers a new beginning and a new life through Christ, who is figuratively referred to as the Dawn Star as the poem says in its concluding lines,

Done in you,
By Him, who is 
The Dawn Star. *

This poem is accompanied by the scripture from St.John's vision in Revelation, 
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” Revelation 22:16, NASB 

I feel that the idea of the bright morning star is a symbol of hope. So as I illustrated this book of poems, I put a star in each picture.

I hope you find someone in your life that cares. I pray God brings that person to you and that God shows His love to you through that person. I hope you find your new beginning and a new day. I would be honored to have some small part in it, so I wrote this book of poems hoping they offer some help. 

If you are interested in obtaining a copy of my book, THIS DAWN IS A PLACE OF HOPE, click HERE and go to the order page where you can order a copy directly from the printer and receive the best possible wholesale price. 

Blessings,
A. E. Dozat